As Premier League heads in to the last International Break of the year, we take time in ranking Premier League’s top 5 strikers so far this season. 2015/16 season has been a real delight for fans as they are seeing at least 10-12 top class strikers plying their trade in Premier League. Such has been the competition so far that likes of Diego Costa, Sergio Aguero, Harry Kane, Olivier Giroud and Christian Benteke are not even on our list of Premier League’s top 5 strikers so far this season, take a look:
5. Anthony Martial (Manchester United) – The 19-year old waste and gamble they said, when Martial was bought for a eye-popping £36million fee last summer. Since then, the striker has gone one to score on his debut and be the biggest threat for Manchester United side going forward. Apart from his 3 league goals, Martial’s hold-up play is worth admiring and it is not a surprise to see him get compared to one of league’s greatest player ever – Thierry Henry.
4. Odion Ighalo (Watford) – Nobody knew when Ighalo was bought by Watford, but the 26-year old striker has gone on to score 7 league goals so far this season and has looked to carry the Watford side on his shoulders. Ighalo’s goals have seen Watford rise up to 11th in the current league table.
3. Romelu Lukaku (Everton) – Easily one of Jose Mourinho’s biggest mistake in letting go Romelu Lukaku last summer. After a slow start to his Everton career, the Belgian has exploded to life this season with 7 goals and more importantly making an impact for Roberto Martinez’s team. Lukaku’s brute force has allowed Everton to play around the other players and has benefited the likes of Naismith, Kone and Barkley to have more say on Everton’s play.
2. Graziano Pelle (Southampton) – In the initial weeks of 2015/16 season, it felt like Pelle would end up being a one-season wonder, but the Italian has gathered his form and now is seen as one of the fierce strikers in Premier league right now. Pelle has scored 6 goals with 45 attempted shots. Pelle’s presence in the box and ability to bring the likes of Sadio Mane and others sees him feature in our list of Premier League’s top 5 strikers so far this season.
1. Jamie Vardy (Leicester) – There was always going to be one man topping our list of Premier League’s top 5 strikers so far this season and he is none other than Jamie Vardy. The English hitman has been in imperious form as he has already netted 12 goals this campaign, 5 ahead of the man in second place. Vardy is on course to hit the 25 goal mark for the season and Leicester City cannot be happier seeing their star man going on to top the list for Premier League’s top 5 strikers so far this season.