Have you recently experienced a foul smelling discharge from your v j? If yes, it may mean that there is an overgrowth of yeast or bacteria giving birth to your v j odor. Medically known as Bacterial Va J nosis (BV) and Va j Yeast Infections, va gi nal odor can be sometimes embarrassing though it should not be. According to the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, feminine odor changes throughout the normal monthly mens trual cycle of a woman. Just as your feet or breath has a smell, va gi na too has a smell due to the presence of bacteria here. However, this may get unusual and you may get metallic or musty smell or even a fishy smell from va gi na which can be due to foods you eat or certain hormonal causes along with the overgrowth of bacteria as well as ex ually transmitted diseases for which you should get treatment. Accompanied by yellow or white discharge, itching, burning and irritation, va j odor may indicate va j infection. If your va j odor, however, doesn’t indicate anything serious, you may apply some home remedies for va gi nal odor to get rid of this foul smell.
Remedies for Va j Odor
1. Yogurt- the Natural Remedy: With all its health benefits, yogurt can also help you get rid of va j odor. Yogurt is naturally rich in lactobacillus, the healthy bacteria which not only keeps your stomach free of any infection but also reduce the yeast infection of your va j. Lacto bacillus also helps in restoring normal va gi nal pH level which kills your va gi nal odor. So eat unsweetened plain yogurt everyday, as much as two cups a day. You may also use yogurt in other ways to get rid of your va j odor. Ways to use Yogurt for Va j Odor Consume Yogurt Daily This is the best way to use yogurt not only for va j odor elimination but also for your overall health. Just take care to have organic, unflavored, unsweetened yogurt. Sweetened yogurt can actually increase your problems by promoting yeast infection. It’s better to have plain yogurt. If you are buying probiotic yogurt, check if it contains lactobacillus or not because this is the healthy bacteria in yogurt which will get you rid of your va j odor. Have at least 2 cups of yogurt everyday.
Apply Yogurt to Va j Get this: Yogurt- ¼ – ½ cup Cotton pad Do this: Take the yogurt in a cup or bowl. Dip the cotton pad in the yogurt and let it soak well. Now take the cotton pad out of the yogurt. Apply this yogurt to your va by rubbing with gentle hand. Let it be there for sometime, wash off with water and pat dry. Repeat this for three to four times a day. Alternatively, you may soak a tampon in plain yogurt and insert in your va gi na. Leave it there for sometime before removing. Now wash off with plain water. Take Precaution: If you are allergic to dairy products, avoid having or using yogurt for va j odor.
2. Garlic Remedies: Garlic is a known natural anti-bacterial herb. Having garlic can get you rid of bad bacteria that cause va j odor. The strong antifungal properties of garlic also help eliminate the plethora of fungus causing yeast infection and giving rise to mild va gi nal odor. Ways to Use Garlic for Va j Odor Eat 1-2 raw garlic cloves with one glass of warm water in the morning on an empty stomach. Insert one clove of peeled garlic into your va gi na and leave for a couple of hours. Wash or take bath after removing the garlic clove. Do this once or twice a week to get rid of va gi nal odor. Include garlic in your dishes like salads and dips. Crush some garlic cloves to make paste. Apply this garlic paste to your va gi na and leave for about 10 minutes. Wash or have bath after this.
3. Baking Soda Remedies: One of the causes of va j odor is imbalanced pH level of your body. Baking soda can instantly level your pH level. So, when you are up to go out and realize your va j is emitting foul smell, drink a glass of water mixed with some baking soda. You may actually like to use baking soda to wash your va j area regularly to keep its pH levels balanced. Ways to Use baking Soda for Va j Odor Take 1-2 tsp of baking soda and mix this with a glass of water. Drink this daily. Add half a cup of baking soda to water in your bath tub. Sit in this water for about 20 minutes. This treats yeast infection and instantly eliminates va gi nal odor.
4. Cranberry Juice to Remove vj Odor Cranberries have been known for their efficiency in detoxifying body. As cranberry juice is acidic in nature, it helps keep bacteria count low in your body. This is also why drinking cranberry juice is an established natural remedy for urinary tract infections. Just a glass of unsweetened and undiluted cranberry juice may help flush toxins from your body as well as keep va j odor at bay!
5. Alum Remedies for Va j Odor Alum is a sulfate of aluminum and apart from being used for food pickling and purifying water, it is also used for controlling body odor. In fact, it is a traditional natural aftershave to control bleeding from cuts that men can get from shaving. As it easily dissolves in water, alum can mix with sweat to neutralize the development of bacteria that cause body odor. As far as va gi nal odor is concerned, the antiseptic and astringent properties of alum come into play to restrict the growth of bacteria that give rise to foul smell in your va gi na. Alum is especially beneficial when va gi nal odor is due to whitish liquid va j discharge (Leucorrhoea). Ways to Use Alum for Va j Odor Mix ¼ to ½ tsp of alum powder in some water and use this for washing your va gi na and surrounding area. Get an alum stick from any grocery store. Soak it in water and rub it on your va gi na’s mouth with gentle hand. Don’t be too harsh. Do it 1-2 times.